Archive for the ‘Notebooks’ Category
- Price- Before anything else to keep in mind that it aims to spend at one of these teams. These computers have a very affordable cost when compared to a desktop or a standard laptop. The price usually ranges between 300 and 350 euros, although some models like the HP MiniNotePC that are put on the 450 euros.
- Operating System- Choose an operating system or another, if only for the size, you will notice some differences with your regular desktop. Almost all netbooks are available in two versions, one cheaper with a Linux distribution and a slightly more expensive with an adapted version of Windows XP, which is rising because of them. If you’re used to working with Windows choose this version, although you should bear in mind that this OS has been discontinued by Microsoft and now will be sold for such computers. On the other hand Linux seems to work better in low power equipment such as these.
- Screen- screens of netbooks that have been launched or are planning to launch in our country is going from 7 inches Airis Kira or the Asus Eee at 10 of Medion Akoya Mini. Diopters and your ability to print depends on your decision. Anyway, you should keep in mind that these teams have the possibility to also use an external video output to project content on other larger monitors. Read the rest of this entry »
Three years ago technology job covering (then, “What am I doing here?” Say. In good vibes that are Belelú, obviously) and beyond that it is hard to propose national media topic or topics that have not been treated (as any area of ??journalism), there is an edge that is much more complex treatment of new technologies and women.
I do not know what happens, but the world continues to believe that anything related to women have to be pink, can not be so complicated and it should be “nice”, what I mean? If not “feminine” is not for our audience … That dear readers, just in that part we are wrong, because we also want to inform us, we enjoyed the same gadget and keep up with today with the area we like. What if we are different consumers of this type of content, not prefer to see more breasts in video games? Not as compadres, are not prejudiced.
Now, what about Chile? The scenario is as macho as in any other area. It’s a matter of reviewing the blogs out there for us, as Kissmybit.com and geekandchic.cl . They – at least the first because I know, are cute, clever, but I’m still waiting for sites more frequently updated information, content really see it first there and not in other sites. But it is impossible, if these spaces are secondary in the life of the bloggers. And yes, I know it’s fun to see a see a gun that includes a makeup kit, but that’s really the technological standard for women? That’s the point I want to discuss. Read the rest of this entry »
The Hot Mini Laptop Accessories – Netbook (also called mini laptop) is famous for its small enough that you can take them with you wherever you go. Mini laptop, however, also lack many useful features that you’d normally find on a PC desktop.
Thankfully, along with the development of mini netbook, most of the netbook accessories are also available for purchase. Here are five great accessories that you need to attach to your mini laptop.
1. USB external DVD player and burner
The biggest losses from the mini laptops is that they have no optical drive. You cannot play your favorite CD or DVD, or install software from CDs, to them. Even more important is that it can be difficult to solve the problem or reinstall the operating system on your mini laptop without an external DVD player and burner. The best DVD drive that you can buy is those USB drives. Why? Because they do not require an electrical outlet to use it. You only need to plug one into a mini USB port of your laptop.
2. Flash memory card and flash disk
Except for the pricier and upper-class models, most mini laptop comes with limited memory. But you can always expand your storage with a memory card. Mini laptops usually have built-in memory card reader. Flash disks are also another important accessory for storing small files. Flash disk can typically store up to 2GB of data.
3. External USB Hard Drive
You will need an external hard drive when you’re dealing with large amounts of data, or if you need to back up your data. External hard drives are usually two inches thick and storing 120GB of data. With USB 2.0 interface, you will not need a power adapter to use an external hard drive; you just need to plug into a USB port.
4. Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
because the mini laptop has a small keyboard like, it can become very uncomfortable if you use it for a period of time. Often users often connect the mini laptop to an external keyboard and mouse.
5. Wireless Router
you will need a wireless router to connect your laptop to the internet mini when you’re at home.
How to Select a Mini Notebook Or Laptop Computer – Mini laptop or netbook is a new category of laptop, which is designed as a secondary system that can take you wherever you go. Their size a little larger than a pocket book, they weigh less than 3 pounds and have a battery saving feature. Mini laptop featuring approximately 7 to 10 inches with about 512MB to 1GB of RAM and traditional hard drive. Unlike other laptops, netbooks have energy-efficient processor is slower, so the game will not run as well.
If you’re in the market for netbooks here is some things to look for and watch out for:
* First you must know what you want use it and what that budget. If you are looking for full-featured laptop computers will not buy a mini laptop or netbook. Netbook processor is less powerful than ordinary laptops; this is to provide longer battery life. Mini laptop is good for doing homework on a word processing program, Internet surfing, working on spreadsheets or other office tasks and presentations.
* Buy a netbook with a screen size of 8.9 inches or greater, because if your screen is small disadvantage you will not be able to read the entire web page. This is less a problem if you have a bigger screen.
* Get the 6 cell battery for it will offer you a whole lot more time walking compared to the third batter standard cells. Apart from the additional costs you may feel a bit heavier, but I think the trade-offs are feasible.
* Try out the first of a button, and see if you feel comfortable with it.
* Also check the software that comes pre-installed. Do everything you need?
* Shop around, listing everything you find and compare prices.
Do not burden applications on your mini laptop, because they are mini they do not have as much memory as compared with a normal laptop. It is also important for you to find the best operating system for your mini laptop. Here is some information from the two most common operating system used on the mini laptop.
Its LCD screen netbook is one of the most expensive parts. The bad thing is that LCDs are not as easily netbook on the market, unlike regular laptops, which is all the more reason you should take good care of your netbook. LCD A netbook is the part that is visibly dirty, you can easily carry the mark of fingerprints and dust. The netbook is imperative that NO-sensitive LCD screen clean with a lint-free cloth since the dust particles are likely to scratch the surface. The easiest way to clean the monitor of your netbook solution is to buy a professional-grade LCD monitor. These, however, are expensive. A large bottle costs about $ 20, while a whole mini bottle costs about $ 15 on Amazon. Here’s another way to clean your LCD screen netbook.
1. Find a soft cotton cloth. This could be anything from a handkerchief from his mother’s old cloth diapers for your baby. Remember that an LCD screen is very similar to baby’s skin – something as rough as tissue paper and toilet paper can permanently scratch. If you can not find any piece of cotton cloth, a cloth that will not do. Lint is also very common, just ask your mother for polishing lenses clean.
2. Prepare a homemade solution for cleaning LCD Mix one part deionized or distilled water with one part vinegar or isopropyl alcohol. Do not use tap water or mineral water and dissolved salts that can leave white spots on the LCD screen of your netbook. This solution is also god for cleaning high-definition TV and plasma TV. Do not use solutions containing acetone, ammonia, ethyl acid, ethyl alcohol, toluene, or methyl chloride. If you are buying a cleaning solution, check the label of any traces of ammonia. While the LCD screen can be clean, over time, these solutions may damage the display panel of your netbook. Read the rest of this entry »
Sneak Peek Dell Inspiron 6400 (Core Duo T2450) is known for its precision and great ability to multitask. Now whenever you are on the move, Dell Inspiron 6400 (Core Duo T2450) laptop will be with you always. It has 4 USB ports. In general, all laptops have two USB ports. Design The design of the Dell Inspiron 6400 (Core Duo T2450) laptop is very professional with a strong and sturdy body. The buttons are feather touch and there is enough space to rest your wrists on the laptop, as you type.
DVD drive and USB ports are on the sides of the Dell Inspiron 6400 (Core Duo T2450) laptop. It weighs about 2.8 kg. It is very easy to carry. Please note that this weight is without memory card and battery. laptop Dell Inspiron 6400 (Core Duo T2450) is 38.7 mm in height and its depth is 265.5 mm. It measures 357 mm wide. Design The design of the Dell Inspiron 6400 (Core Duo T2450) laptop is simple and elegant. Weighs 2.8 kg. So you can make it very portable to carry everywhere. Main Features built-in hard disk capacity of Dell Inspiron 6400 is 80 GB. This laptop is best suited for home use. The speed of RAM is 1024 MB.
But you can upgrade to 2048 MB. RAM memory upgrade will help your team work faster. You also have the option of DVD Recorder Dell Inspiron 6400 (Core Duo T2450) laptop. This is a great addition to this notebook. Information Center screen size Dell Inspiron 6400 (Core Duo T2450) laptop is 15.4 inches. You can enjoy the spaciousness of the screen to open multiple windows simultaneously. The maximum resolution is 1280 x 800 mega pixels. Dell Inspiron 6400 (Core Duo T2450) laptop also includes 4 USB ports and a Bluetooth connection. Dell Inspiron 6400 (Core Duo T2450) laptop has touchpad mouse is extremely soft. Conclusion Dell Inspiron 6400 (Core Duo T2450) laptop is a very smart and a useful laptop.
Have you been looking for 17 inch laptop sleeves, but I can not find a way to find the best one for your laptop? It’s important that you know of any factors to be taken into account to make your search much simpler. The following are the factors to be taken into account when searching.
1. The best protection for your laptop – manga are designed to do one main thing, provide protection for your laptop. There are many different types of holsters that are designed differently, so you want to be sure to always take into account the protection of your laptop before purchasing one. The best to find are those with air chamber as this is designed so that the team will definitely be protected when you carry with you. Ensures that will not slip all over the place or be beaten at all during transportation.
2. Material used – There are many different sleeves are made of different materials. You need to consider what type you prefer. Do you like the sleeve of leather or fabric of your sleeve? Want to show your notebook with a cover that can be seen through, but still offers protection? The material you choose is essential, but mainly due to personal choice. Everyone likes something different and sleeves these days will give you many options so finding the one you like the item you want is easy.
3. Laptop size – Since you are looking for a 17-inch sleeve, you must be sure you can see the different sizes. There are sleeves that are specific to a given size computer. Do not make the mistake of thinking the whole manga to fit any size laptop, but that’s not usually true. Always consider the size you are looking for or if it will end with a sleeve that is useless because it does not fit into the team.
4. When the laptop is used and the environment – The environment will have your laptop is important to take into account so you can find a cover that offers maximum protection for her. If you are going to carry the outdoors, or using it in an area where liquids are around a lot, then have a sleeve that will keep these things is vital. Anything can happen on your computer during transport or in the wrong place, so having a good sleeve to protect it will prevent you from having to buy another laptop in the short term. When searching for 17-inch notebook cases, these are the factors to consider. These factors will make your search of the right sleeve much easier and much less time. Before you know it, you’ll have a fresh manga is the best protection for your computer.
Toshiba Satellite E105-S1802: As the general workhorse of our list of the Toshiba Satellite E105-S1802 does not represent a huge contribution in the processor and graphics department, but more than makes up for in its design. Solidly built, easy to use, stable and very comfortable this 15-inch notebook can handle most general purpose work such as office applications, Internet browsing and casual games. While there is a CULV with 2.13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo P7450 gets by more than four hours on one charge. While you can watch DVD movies on your speakers rather poor means that we will have to invest in a pair of headphones for a good audio. Fortunately, the price is low enough to allow this extra addition. Envy 15-1050nr HP: HP Envy 15-1050nr is definitely a laptop to be envious, as it delivers powerful components with an elegant style. Rational component that big punch with an Intel Core i7 processor 720QM and a 6 GB of DDR3 memory. It is also no slouch in the graphics department, either as one of the few notebooks about incorporating a 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4830 graphics processor.
Although it can handle 1080p high definition video and games, its software package could do with some adjustments as the HP software media tends to be wrong. This means that if you can overlook the HP software, you’ll be fine. As for the design of the system is fine with an ultra-slim profile, however, expect the price to be similar to how the luxury appearance. Toshiba Satellite A505-S6980: Rounding out our list is the Toshiba Satellite A505-S6980, which offers workhorse performance overall, but our choice is conventional media player through a good pair of internal speakers and some impressive audio. The current laptop has a stylish appearance makes it ideal for work. With a battery pack laptop larger 15.6-inch screen can take an impressive six hours on a single charge. This battery has a price, though as the laptop is also much heavier than normal, however, seven pounds of its not as heavy as some of the replacement notebooks high-end desktop. The battery life sound quality and long-term this general-purpose notebooks ideal for mobile multimedia movie buff.
RAM or Random Access Memory is critical to gaming laptops. Mainly because the more RAM you have on your laptop or computer, the higher the performance level you can achieve. Higher RAM will increase your enjoyment and let you play even the most challenging 3D games. Besides the CPU (Central Processing Unit) RAM is probably the most vital element you will have in your laptop or computer. Just as you can’t have enough money, so too you can’t have enough RAM. The more the merrier. The more RAM you have, the faster your computer will perform.
Most serious gamers know their RAM. They know the difference between static and dynamic RAM. Many can even tell you how SIMM, DIMM and SO-DIMM memory modules are different from each other. Plus, they would all know the importance of VRAM or VideoRAM to the operation of their gaming laptop. Most of all, they know their Graphics Cards or GPUs (Graphics Processing Units).
First, you should realize, RAM is probably the best known form or type of computer memory. Second, RAM is very important in how well your computer can perform the tasks you call upon it to do. The more RAM you have, the more computer tasks and programs you can run at one time.
Nor should you make the mistake that only gamers are concerned about getting enough RAM; professionals who work with heavy graphics such as video editors, architects, layout artists, website designers… are also keenly aware of the importance of having enough RAM to get the job done. Keep in mind, computer technology is advancing at a blistering rate and is constantly changing. Overseeing all these industry standards and technology is JEDEC, which acts like a regulating body for the semiconductor industry. Hey, someone has to keep track of all these forms of RAM!
Basically, you have two kinds of RAM – Static RAM (SRAM) which is faster and more expensive than Dynamic RAM (DRAM). Just as their names suggest, Dynamic RAM is constantly refreshing and is slower and less expensive than Static RAM.
Static RAM is primarily used for cache such in your CPU’s speed-sensitive cache.
What confuses most people is the whole range or types of Dynamic RAM, with more in development as we speak. Complicating the matter even further, is the development of RAM for laptops which need smaller and more compact memory modules.
Here are some types of RAM you may or may not have seen or heard of:
FPM DRAM — which stands for “Fast Page Mode Dynamic Random Access Memory” and was the original form of DRAM. It has a maximum transfer rate of approximately 176 MBps to L2 cache; and if you’re wondering what is level 2 cache, this is cache located outside the processor chip. Level 1 refers to internal cache in the processor.
EDO DRAM — which stands for “Extended Data-out Dynamic Random Access Memory” and is around 5% faster than FPM DRAM. Transfer rate is at about 264 MBps to L2 cache.
SDRAM — which stands for “Synchronous Dynamic Random Access Memory” is very common in today’s computers. Transfer rate maxes out at around 528 MBps.
DDR SDRAM — which stands for “Double Data Rate Synchronous Dynamic RAM” is similar to SDRAM but has higher bandwidth, allowing for greater speeds. Transfer rate to L2 cache is around 1,064 MBps.
DDR2 SDRAM — which stands for “Double-data-rate Two Synchronous Dynamic RAM”, operates the external data bus twice as fast as DDR SDRAM.
DDR3 SDRAM — which stands for “Double-data-rate Three Synchronous Dynamic RAM” and is an improvement over DDR2 SDRAM. DDR3 allows for chip capacities of 512 megabits up to 8 gigabytes, which gives you the maximum memory module size of a whopping 16 gigabytes.
Faster RAM Is Better
It should be mentioned, usually the faster the RAM you have in your gaming laptop – the better the performance you will get.
RAM modules are mounted on printed circuit boards to be used in personal computers. First, you had SIMMs (single in-line memory modules) which were gradually replaced by DIMMs (dual in-line memory modules). The main difference between them: SIMMs have a 32-bit data path and DIMMs have a 64-bit data path. Now for notebooks, you have SO-DIMMs (small outline dual in-line memory modules) which are smaller and more compact memory integrated circuits.
Of course, like everything in life, there are radically different forms of RAM such as RDRAM which stands for “Rambus Dynamic Random Access Memory”. This was designed by Rambus and has a high speed data bus nicknamed the Rambus channel. Likewise, you had Rambus in-line memory module (RIMM) and for laptops you had SO-RIMM.
Next you must know there is something called VRAM or VideoRAM. This is a type of RAM is used for video adapters or 3-D accelerators. VRAM is located in the Graphics Card and is important for high resolution and color depth, both very important for gamers. Since true multiport VRAM is expensive, some Graphics Cards use SGRAM (synchronous graphics RAM) instead because it is cheaper. Other types of special high speed or multi-port memory include WRAM, DDR2, GDDR3 and GDDR4.
Your Graphics Card will be the heart of your gaming machine. Most gamers go for the top brands such as NVIDIA (GeForce) and ATI (Radeon) — the higher number series card usually means higher the performance. For example, at the time of writing, Nvidia has released the GeForce 9800 GX2, which is basically dual GeForce 8800 GT in one card. This will also give you DirectX 10 Graphics. Wait a couple of months and there will probably be something faster and more powerful on the market.
If one Graphics Card is good, then two or more would be even better. That’s why you have SLI (Scalable Link Interface) technology which allows for the linking of two or more video cards together to get a single output.